Monday 31 October 2011

Pretty Paper Party - Prompt 04

When I first started scrapbooking I used to go out and buy papers that I liked with big patterns on or papers that were new in to our local store just because I wanted them!  Now when I buy papers I look a the paper and I quite often look at the reverse side instead and see ways of using it.  I always used to think you had to use the front side as this was the side that was being sold to you and the back was just to fill in space.

So todays prompt was all about spots, dots and stripes.  So I dug through my stash of papers and found a kit I had from 2008 from scrapping angels this made the base of my layout.  I then found some green/turquoise spots that were from a My Minds Eye collection (I think) and some stripes from American Crafts City Park collection.  I wasn't sure on the photos I was going to use at first but these photos seemed to match the colours of the papers.  The Thickers picked out the green in the papers and bought the greens from the strip and embellishment spot together. 

The sketch that Shimelle had done was meant to be used with two 2" x 3" but all my pictures were 6" x 4" so I had to crop a few, which I must admit I don't normally like doing but in this case there wasn't a lot to loose on each photo except grass.

3 comments:

  1. I really like the way you've used the papers as a border

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours; you're right, the green letters pulls them together nicely. And the photos are so bright and sunny. Lovely layout altogether!

    ReplyDelete