Tuesday 3 December 2013

Advent Calendars

When Edward was a year old I made him an Advent calendar he could keep for years to come and maybe if it lasts hand it down to his children.  This year I made Eleanor one.  I started it back in September to make sure it would be ready by December for her.  Adam and I would watch the Tudors in the evening and I'd sit with my little pile of Aida squares ready to sew each day.  It turned out to be quite a long job but I loved making it.  I think there is something lovely about having a handmade calendar that they can have out every year for years to come and when they look back when they are older its a memory they will love (I hope).  I already have my orders from Bethany that she would like one ready for next year so I'd better get sewing.



No comments:

Post a Comment